April 28, 2011

collagraphs

It doesn't matter if you are a kindergartener or a senior in high school, this lesson can be adapted to any age level. So far I've completed this with 4th graders, 8th graders, and 10th graders. All you need to do is adjust the size and difficulty level. I will post examples from all three grade levels, but I am going to focus on elementary because that is where I am.
Day 1: Glue different textures on a piece of cardboard to create a landscape.
Day 2: Using sponge brushes dab the paint onto the textures. Lightest
paint colors first. Elementary gets tempera paint all other grade levels
get printing ink.

I use a spray bottle to keep the tempera paints wet. Center paper on top
rub for a few minutes. Make sure to get in all the groves!

A beautiful collagraph print. Fantastic!


4th grade example
8th grade example
High School example
High School example

3 comments:

  1. This makes me want to do some printing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you did yours like a monoprint almost?! I love them..they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much. :) And thanks, yours looked very nice too.

      Delete