I came up with this lesson for two reasons:
1) Fourth graders needed to learn about American Regionalists
2) I needed an easy and fun lesson to do while dealing with the stress of FAN (Fine Arts Night).
Loved the results.
1. Do a sketch on a small piece of paper - scale it to a larger size (12 x18)
2. Use black glue to to outline all your lines
---Black Glue (Elmers and Black Tempera - you can make other colors too!)
3. Let dry
4. Use chalk and a tissue to blend colors
It only took two classes (60 minutes each)
They loved it too!