April 28, 2013

i'm not going anywhere


There is something liberating about the end of April.
When this month started my stomach was in knots.
April is always hard because of Fine Arts Night.

But this is my third time doing Fine Arts Night.
So I've got it down to a rhythm now.

This April was different though.

I've been working on my graduate degree since 2011.
It wasn't that long ago that I elected to pursue another degree.
The beginning was easy.
In fact, the hardest part was just making my mind up that I was going to do this.

Somehow though when you get nearer to the end of something
 the waiting and patience and work required to reach the finish line is almost unbearable.

That has been what the last few months felt like to me.
Specifically April.

Taking a graduate examination.
Completing my final coursework.
Fine Arts Night.
Preparing to move.
And just being a teacher.

I've been a bit preoccupied.
So although the blog has been neglected in April,
I am still here.
I'm not going anywhere.
Get excited for inspiration coming in May.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your exams and art show! I recently passed my ESL test along with our open house ort night!! Super stressed. Take moments to breath and enjoy.!

    ReplyDelete